Monday, July 19, 2010

The Dime Bag

The theme this weekend seemed to be the value of a dollar...or rather...the value of 10% of a dollar. I felt it bizarre that on multiple unrelated occasions, disputes swelled over the matter of TEN FUCKING CENTS.

This guest was very aforethought about redeeming her rain check. The whole time, she glared at me as though I was going to steal her purse.




This incident really caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting violence to errupt over something as banal as double-dipping one's coupons. The funny part was that this occurred at the returns desk, after she'd already made her purchase. And then, due to FTC policies beyond my control, she didn't even get her refund anyway. The story here is somewhat truncated; I was really just confirming what the head cashier had already told her.




This lady must have had a victim complex, since she was obviously more dead-set on throwing a tantrum than clearing the matter of a dime's discrepancy up.






Take two; they're small,

Team Member X

No comments:

Post a Comment