Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Six of WalMart, Half A Dozen of the Big K

Despite the differentiations between Target and other bix-boxers previously expounded on in this blog, there are a great many out there who see shopping carts, cash registers, and name tags and, I can only assume, figure that we are all some interconnected megaconglomerate. All too often, a guest will bring in gifted merchandise and assume, if we carry it at all, we are obligated to refund them for it. I don't know if they presume that all stores get together once a week and sort out inventories, or what the logic is, if any. A s much as I would like to go off on these Darwinian byproducts about personal responsibility, to do so would go against our policy of "Fast, Fun, and Friendly" So instead I usher them through as absolutely fast as possible just to get their devolved, mouth-breathing asses out of my face. Then they commend me for my lightning quick turnaround time, apparently oblivious to my overt motives.







Now, I have a very soft spot in my heart for our elderly. They bear unfathomable depths of wisdom which can only be garnered through the echoes of time, yet generally display a delightfully innocuous way of perceiving today's world through their antiquated perspectives. I think it's immensely cute. So I tend to show a great deal more patience when faced with a trying situation involving our precious senior citizens. But sometimes, I sense that this societal immunity is abused by a handful who play the octagenarian card to try to get away with the otherwise unthinkable.







If you can't tell, I was really tired that day.


Stay tuned,

Team Member X

No comments:

Post a Comment